At this time, we have all of our Animal Handling Interns for the 2020 Season. I you are interested in volunteering, we are accepting Volunteer Applications. However, due to COVID-19, we will not be holding volunteer orientations until further notice.
Help support local wildlife by becoming a volunteer or intern! Basic requirements of both roles specific to animal handling include:
- Having the mental and physical capabilities of providing a variety of wild animal care
- Bending, reaching, stretching, long periods of standing, etc.
- Excellent hand/eye coordination; quick reflexes
- Learn and follow different guidelines and procedures per area, per animal
- Demonstrates excellent judgement in escalating any concerns to staff
- A mature attitude, the ability to focus, and an excellent sense of prioritization
- The ability to follow directions and guidelines for working responsibly with animals
- Respecting the fact that animals are wild and need to stay wild. There is no cuddling, petting or treating animals like pets.
If volunteering or internships aren’t right for you, how about becoming a member?
Fox Valley Wildlife Center memberships give you the opportunity to sponsor an animal in need. You can become a contributing member in helping an animal gain the care that they require. Learn more about memberships.